Guardianship of A Minor

Guardianship of A MinorGuardianship of a minor is a legal court procedure, in which somebody who is not the parent of the child is appointed to be the legal guardian of the child. When the person gets the legal guardianship of the child, he/she may get the custody of a child. A court would establish guardianships when the biological parents of a minor are unable or unwilling to care for their child, or if they are mentally ill or deceased. Guardianships can also be formed when the minor is found to be abused or living in a harmful environment.

Who is appointed as a legal guardian?

Any person who shows interest in becoming a legal guardian of the minor can be considered by the court. This person is often a relative or close friend of the family. If you want to be appointed as a legal guardian of a child, then you must file a petition and get it approved by the court.

What are the responsibilities of a legal guardian?

The first thing to remember is that even though you are appointed as a guardian of the child, also called your ‘ward’, the legal relationship between the child and his/her biological parents will not end and they will have certain rights on their child. However, if you are appointed as the child’s guardian, then you are responsible for providing him/her with food, clothing, and shelter. You will also have to take care of the child’s education, medical care, physical and emotional development, safety, and any other special needs of the child.

How can we help you?

Becoming the guardian of a minor is not an easy task. This complex legal process involves an appearance in court, background check, an investigation, and different others. Help4You is the best legal document service in Orange County that can handle all of the necessary paperwork in this case. We have been in business for around two decades and know every then and how of the guardianship process. We ensure that your documents are readily prepared in less time for a flat fee. For any further information regarding guardianship of a minor, you can contact us.

Call us today! (714) 847 6232

Disclosure: We are not attorneys. We can only provide self-help services at your specific direction. Help4You Documents Services are owned / operated by legal document assistant, who are not lawyers, cannot represent customers, select legal forms or give advice on rights or laws. Services are provided at customers request and are not a substitute for advice of a lawyer. Prices do not include court costs.

Please fill our short form and one of our friendly team members will contact you back.