Unlawful Detainer/Eviction

unlawful detainer orange countyAn Unlawful Detainer action is a special court proceeding, in which you as a landlord can evict the tenant if he/she stays in your home even when the lease is up or canceled, or if the tenant misbehaves with you. But, before you evict a tenant, you would have to terminate the tenancy according to the state law of California. For doing this, a written notice should be given to the tenant as specified by the state law.

There are specific requirements to end a tenancy, according to the state law of California. There are different types of termination notices and procedures needed for different types of situations.

Notice for Termination of Tenancy

You can terminate a tenancy earlier and evict your tenant for different reasons. These include failing to pay rent, violating the lease or rental agreement, or do something illegal. You must give written notice to the tenant before terminating the tenancy.

  • You can give the tenant a three-day notice to pay rent or leave your house. If the tenant does not pay the rent within three days then you can file an eviction lawsuit with the court.
  • In case of any violation of the lease or rental agreement, you can again give a three-day notice to your tenant to either cure the violation or quit. If he/she does not, then by the end of the third day you can file an eviction lawsuit.
  • If your tenant commits a serious violation against the rental agreement, like subletting the rental unit, or damaging the property, or has involved in some illegal activity in the rental unit’s premises, then you can give him/her a three-day unconditional quit notice.

Help4You in Orange County is one of the best document preparation services that will assist you in drafting a legal notice to your tenant, before asking him/her to terminate your rental place. Our professional team will also help you in filing an unlawful detainer action if your tenant fails to abide by the legal notice.

Call us today! (714) 847 6232

Disclosure: We are not attorneys. We can only provide self-help services at your specific direction. Help4You Documents Services are owned / operated by legal document assistant, who are not lawyers, cannot represent customers, select legal forms or give advice on rights or laws. Services are provided at customers request and are not a substitute for advice of a lawyer. Prices do not include court costs.

Please fill our short form and one of our friendly team members will contact you back.